Monday, October 3, 2011

More Documentation

I'm still reading documentation. Given the time period since my last post, that sounds like I've gone through reams of documentation but I haven't. It turns out that one hour a week isn't that much time. However, I suppose an hour is still better than no time.

I am a little bemused by the variety of "you can" and "if you wish" suggestions I'm running into. Such as "If you wish to include support for Python and Java . . . " At the moment, I'm not sure if this is just a friendly FYI or an actual suggestion. Until I learn otherwise, I'll probably treat it as the latter.

I am surprised by how detailed the documentation is, at least for the parts I've read so far. I was expecting something more along the lines of "these are the files you need, now go install them." Instead they're giving line-by-line commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment