Wednesday, October 19, 2011

OpenSRF Installed

My husband created a Linux VM for me on his server that's running Ubuntu Lucid Lynx. I have a sneaking suspicion that he is supporting this endeavor solely in the hopes of having our personal library cataloged in a real ILS.

Today, I finally started the actual installation for Evergreen. I'm following the directions for the Evergreen 2.0 documentation and got through the OpenSRF instructions. There were a couple of times I wasn't sure exactly what it meant. For instance, in the "Create configuration files for users needing srfsh" section, I didn't know which users it thought would need the configuration files. Later on, it became apparent due to a test command that it thought root was one of those users. However, it was easy enough to go back and add the file for root and things went swimmingly after that. Overall, OpenSRF installed much easier than I expected. Hopefully the rest of the install continues as smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment